Author Topic: Camera Questions & Advice  (Read 19602 times)

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
Re: Camera Questions & Advice
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2018, 10:26:10 PM »
Nice, looks a decent camera. A few observations for me but they are just my personal opinion.

Mounting position is good as it's quite low down and so gives a good impression of speed.

Agree with you that the sound does appear a little enclosed or 'boxy' as you describe it. It loses the engine sound and only seems to pick it up when you open the throttle. It would be nice to hear the engine even on tickover.

No wind noise though which is a result.  :thumbup2 

I tend to prefer either the sound of the engine only, or a music soundtrack to set the mood without the sound of the engine. I find the two together distracting as you can't concentrate on either properly.

Just my personal viewpoint though and in no way any form of criticism.  :thumb

Engine sounds great on throttle.  :cool

On my Drift Stealths they doesn't have external mics so I put a tiny piece of black insulating tape over the mic holes. Sounds a bodge but it reduces the wind noise so it's not intrusive without losing the sound of the engine.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

son_of_fuzzy

• Elite Member
  • "if you dont ride in the rain......you dont ride"
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »
Yeah I agree with the music and engine noise being one or the other that was just me playing with the editing software seeing what can and can't be done and adding overlays. I have cut and fitted foam inserts under the seat to see if I can alter the sound if not I have a couple of options to try. I tried the tape on my drift but still so much wind noise. I even went as far as foam and hot glue again to much wind noise. So I am hoping that having the Bluetooth mic option is going to be fruitful.
Never mistake horsepower for staying power!

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
I'm going to try my camera on the front and rear mount this week to see what the new exhast sounds like. Should be a lot more entertaining than the standard one.  :)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1