Author Topic: France 2015 tour  (Read 4654 times)

Jason

• Elite Member
Re: France 2015 tour
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »
Awesome pic's again there Jason I ain't jealous nope   :taz   it's on the to do list

Make sure that 'to do' list doesn't become a 'wish i'd done' list  :thumb

So after the splendour of the Combe Laval our end destination was to be Saint Nazaire en Royans.
When we arrived we looked at a campsite that had primarily motorhomes and caravans on it but was unmanned until 6pm and it was now 4.30pm so after a look at the pitches and unable to find one that wasnt churned up by previous motorhomes and cars etc. we promptly knobbed off in search of somewhere else to stay as Saint Nazaire was shit.

Cue a lovely little campsite Le Goufrre de la Croix http://camping-vercors-choranche.com/

Pitched up and used the on site launderette to do a spot of washing using the rather rude instructions, some thing about put the clothes in u K**t -

then enjoyed a nice cheap meal from the clubhouse restaurant and few drinks after a hot day, the site was adjacent to what must have been a popular biking road as the sounds of bikes being ridden hard off into the distance rung well into the evening.

A decent nights kip, tent packed away and we were off again, destination Annecy.

I was expecting a decent road after the previous nights bike noise through the valley and disappointed i was not!
Turns out the route i'd done took us through the Gorges de la Bourne that turned out to be a bit of alright -

At one point we entered a long tunnel that had no lighting in it and went down into the mountain, the wife wasn't impressed as it looked more like a long cave, very dark and very cold.

Out the other side though -

This excellent road just kept going and i would put it just below the Combe Laval only because of the grand scale of the laval road, however this was a better biking road.

This was turning out to be one of the best riding days so far, we were coming back down another col when we stopped for a pic of Mont Blanc in the distance when a local pulled up in his van asked where we were from, as soon as i said wales he immediately said 'Ahh rubgy yes'   :wales

We eventually reached Annecy and began the hotel search by now it was around 32 degrees so were looking forward to some aircon!

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »
At this rate I'll have to charge you rent for the forum space you're using.  :rofl

Joking of course. Keep up the good work, it's great to see pics of people rides and read a bit about the trip. :cool

If this doesn't get people interested in riding in France nothing will.  :thumbup2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
Oh I'm definitely interested  we need more 
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

Jason

• Elite Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 10:16:19 PM »
Decided we wanted to stay near the old town part of Annecy we opted for a bit of luxury and stayed at the Best Western Carlton.
Welcomed the aircon with open arms as soon as we got in the room!

Showered and out to explore

My phone decided to die, apparently its some bug that makes the phone turn off and become non responsive usually after some form of charging via 12v, as id had it charging on the bike that day, i guessed that was it.
120 euro s later i had a new replacement as i couldnt be without the phone due to my love for the apps etc.

Had a good evening strolling about with some food and a well earned good nights sleep.

Up early, no breakfast as it was about 13 euro each  :skint so we decided to pick up something on the way out of town, destination Nevers.

Then we arrived in Nevers

Always amazes me how many big old churches and cathedrals France has-

Enjoyed a nice bit of food chilled out in the square which was quite busy before retiring for the night, we were now well aware the tour was coming to an end as were only had a couple of days left and we were heading north west  :glum

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »
lovely  picy's  bud  but  where are the naked  breasts ????

Jason

• Elite Member
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 01:20:23 AM »
lovely  picy's  bud  but  where are the naked  breasts ????

Its a post about bike touring not some inane drivel post that's usually kept to the bikers cafe or weird stuff section but seeing as you asked, heres a pic just for you -

Enjoy  :bgrin

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 01:45:44 AM »
nice  but  why a selfie

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »
nice  but  why a selfie

I fully agree with Jason... but I do have to laugh at the response.  :lol2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »
Good one Jason    :hysteria 
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

Jason

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »
Oh yeah sorry got side tracked by the thread derailment  :offtopic

Next morning we awoke to the sound of deliveries to the local cafes etc. outside, headed down for breakfast and set off for Chartres.

Spied a nice big chateau so got up closer for a few pics

Happened upon a big giant scarecrow along the way, this thing was huge!

Arrived in Chartres, no pics unfortunately as the wife left the cam in the room but they had a massive great catherdral that we spent a bit of time inside looking around, a nice town too and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again especially the Ibis hotel there as it also had a good little restaurant which went down well with the wife   :thumbup2

Jason

• Elite Member
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »
And so we arrived at the last full day on tour, destination for the last night was Honfleur, we rode through Trouville and will definitely look to go back there at some point  :

We arrived at Honfleur and immediately set about looking for the hotel that i'd booked the night before.
As we pulled into the car park we were greeted by a small chinese guy that directed us to the back of the hotel 'safe area for bike here' Nice one, as we dismounted he was practically in the top box trying to get our bags out so he could carry them upstairs   :bgrin

We were ushered into the office and told to sit in the large high back chairs, it was like being in the office of what i imagine a South American drug lord or South American presidents office would look like, i was waiting for the owner to offer me a large cuban from a wooden box on the desk but he didnt   :dunno

The house itself was very grand and top marks for customer service fair play to them -

After a welcome shower we headed to town and the harbour for food -

Into the old wooden church -

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187189-d196471-Reviews-Saint_Catherine_s_Church-Honfleur_Calvados_Basse_Normandie_Normandy.html

Jason

• Elite Member
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »
The harbour itself was busy (it was the same in 2013) with so many food places its not surprising -

Not a bad view to eat to -

Trying to decipher the menu   :crazy

Got to be seafood hasnt it :D

Walking back i spied this, i would love to have a project build like this -

Headed back to retire for the night ready for our late morning ferry the next day

yoyo

• Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »
Funky bike, DRZ engine and frame?

Jason

• Elite Member
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
Funky bike, DRZ engine and frame?

I dont think its a drz, the engine case is different and the subframe is box section on the drz,
It may be a ts125 donor bike looking at teh engine case and frame shape

yoyo

• Elite Member
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2016, 12:13:42 AM »
Yeah you're right,  was looking at the exhaust and oil filter cover but the clutch housing is completely different