Author Topic: Happy new year?  (Read 579 times)

BluprintZ

Happy new year?
« on: January 07, 2016, 12:22:50 AM »
Sorry guys, not been on the forum for a while, been terribly poorly with an horrendous chest infection.
Not sure what caused it or what it even was but i ended up on two separate doses of anti-bio's and steroids, seems to have finally gone but was deffinately a scary couple of months.
The upside is that it's forced me to quit smoking after 40-odd years, although the damage is already done it would seem, Emphysema has been diagnosed along with COPD, so although there's no cure, stopping smoking will help quite a bit.
On top of all this, the cottage got flooded on boxing day, seems i have a spring running under it and with all the rain lately, the water table finally cried enough and it broke through the back wall of the kitchen and into the living room, not as bad as some have had it but bad enough nonetheless.
It's all been sorted now, with some hectic drilling and digging and a channel or two with soakaways now part of the undergound part of my cottage.
Should have sussed it really, the road i live on is called "Brynffynnon road"!!!
Well, i haven't been near my bike since October i think and it would seem that i'm not likely to either for another week or so.
Anyway, i'm sure at some point we'll get the odd decent day, we always do, so hopefully the Triumph can be ridden again and all will be as it should be.
Happy new year to you all you Dragons and i'll be meeting up with some of you in the not too distant future.
Ride safe.

G.  :bgrin
....life's a long song.

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
Re: Happy new year?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:30:56 AM »
Glad you're better. Been suffering with a chest infection myself for about 5 weeks. Lit of it going around unfortunately. And the mild Winters aren't helping.
Only been out once since early November myself.
Never mind.
See you in the Spring lol.

You can't ride a thunderbolt without getting your arse burned!

"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:50:24 PM »
Sorry to hear all that bad news, but glad everything is now going in the right direction.  :thumbup2

Hasn't been riding weather but I plan to get out on Sunday even if I do get wet.

As said lots of bugs going around, my missus has had one for a month and can't get rid of it.  :glum

Here's to the warm sun returning us to the roads.  :excited
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »
Happy new year to you too fella glad you're on the mend and shit news about being flooded but as you say it's sorted out now   onwards and upwards as they say 
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

aberthaw01

• Elite Member
  • Taken from us far too soon
    • Gintys Tattooland Uk
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 01:50:20 AM »
Glad your on the up butty  HAPPY NEW YEAR  :thumbup2 :thumbup2

GINTYS TATTOOLAND UK