Author Topic: Static and mobile van locations.  (Read 6807 times)

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
  • I love my chicken strips.
Static and mobile van locations.
« on: April 06, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
Probably know about this already.

Apparently shows locations of ALL cameras. Not always there, but where they could be.
Quite accurate up my way (except the sneaky bastwit the got me on a flyover). Not sure they're ALL there, but useful if planning routes etc.

http://www.gosafe.org/cameras/camera-search.aspx?q

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
Re: Static and mobile van locations.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:27 PM »
Useful post Andy, I'll make it a sticky.   :thumb
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »
Nice one    :thumbup2 
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

aberthaw01

• Elite Member
  • Taken from us far too soon
    • Gintys Tattooland Uk
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 07:52:51 PM »
That is a good find that Andy :clap

GINTYS TATTOOLAND UK

hotbulb

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:31:18 AM »
Useful site.

But it's riddled with untruths, for example...
Fixed safety camera sites are located where three or more people have been killed or seriously injured in speed-related crashes, over a 1.5km stretch of road, in the three years prior to installation.
I can't speak for many sites, but that's certainly untrue for the Heol yDeri/Rhiwbina camera!

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »
As long as the camera locations the site shows is pretty accurate that's the most important thing.  :thumbup2

We never believe their reasons for installing these cameras anyway.  :glum
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

Tonto

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »

Just look at how many locations there are. Is it any wonder why I am thinking about fitting a flip up number plate or a flash proof one. I know that's wrong but jeez at this rate I'm gonna have to give up riding :-(. My other concern is the new trend for car dash cams. We are soon gonna have a spate of people handing in vids of us overtaking to the police when ever they feel like dobbin us bikers in. I don't know how I've managed it so far but I have a clean licence at the moment  :sick

No8

• Elite Member
  • Im-mature student.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »

Just look at how many locations there are. Is it any wonder why I am thinking about fitting a flip up number plate or a flash proof one. I know that's wrong but jeez at this rate I'm gonna have to give up riding :-(. My other concern is the new trend for car dash cams. We are soon gonna have a spate of people handing in vids of us overtaking to the police when ever they feel like dobbin us bikers in. I don't know how I've managed it so far but I have a clean licence at the moment  :sick

I used to think 'flash proof' plates were a Myth, but I was trawling through some old photos the other day and noticed all the ones of my ClioSport 182 had no numbers showing. I mentioned it to the mate I bought the car off and he just laughed saying he had 'flash proof' plates fitted.

Personally I'd go down this route opposed to 'flip up' ones. By the time you see the camera and press the button, you may already have been flashed or if you had time, one would assume you'd slow down enough!).

Get the reflective plates. They do work!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:21:06 PM by No8 »
It's better to light a few candles than complain about the dark.

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 06:03:05 PM »
Also very illegal No8

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 07:30:41 PM »

Get the reflective plates. They do work!

When our regional HQ was in Mamhilad, the Speed Partnership were based there and the Sergeant in charge was an old mate of mine from my days in the Police. He showed me the computer systems they were using then, and I am taking about some years ago and I watched as the photo of a car speeding was being processed. The index number was unintelligible due to the reflection of the flash. He then ran a program which ran some filters. By the third filter the number appeared (it actually displayed as white letters on black, but it was there.)

The "invisible plates" might initially confuse the photographic evidence, but the technology WILL find the index number, so fix them and speed at your peril!

RV

• Elite Member
    • Casa Emilia
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »
Useful site.

But it's riddled with untruths, for example...
Fixed safety camera sites are located where three or more people have been killed or seriously injured in speed-related crashes, over a 1.5km stretch of road, in the three years prior to installation.
I can't speak for many sites, but that's certainly untrue for the Heol yDeri/Rhiwbina camera!

A 'serious injury' crash is defined pretty well by someone seeking hospital treatment (usually due to recurring dollar signs in the eyes). Nothing at all to do with how many cars are written off, you could be living there and not realise that something has happened.

Plus it is within a set distance in a straight line of a crash site; so could be not even on the same road but on a bypass alongside.

These sites are only applicable to SCP vans, not police cars which may have laser equipment on board - they park up where they damn well like.
It is better to ride too slowly and wish that you were going quicker than to be too quick and wish that you were going slower.

Tonto

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 08:04:22 AM »
Well I guess we just have to be vigilant when riding which is what we do any way. But police do like to entice you to miss behave.
I was on the A470 a few moths ago, it was empty except for a T5 VW Camper which sat in the fast lane at 50mph and would not move over when I approached.
So I undertook it safely. Guess what? it was an unmarked Police Van. They pulled me over for undertaking but seriously I wanted to argue that they weren't obeying the highway code.
Thankfully I bent over took it like a good un and listened to the health and safety lecture of the incident they encouraged and only got a verbal warning :-)

hotbulb

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 08:39:53 AM »
Well I guess we just have to be vigilant when riding which is what we do any way. But police do like to entice you to miss behave.
I was on the A470 a few moths ago, it was empty except for a T5 VW Camper which sat in the fast lane at 50mph and would not move over when I approached.
So I undertook it safely. Guess what? it was an unmarked Police Van. They pulled me over for undertaking but seriously I wanted to argue that they weren't obeying the highway code.
Thankfully I bent over took it like a good un and listened to the health and safety lecture of the incident they encouraged and only got a verbal warning :-)

The phrase "agent provocateur" springs to mind.... surely that's illegal behaviour by plod, which shouldn't go unpunished!
(Not sure about the ethics of unmarked vehicles, either)

Tonto

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »
I'll get you to fight my corner next time ;-)

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »

Did exactly the same to me a few years ago. He was all bolshy telling me I was going to lose my liscence, car crushed etc. I pointed out he was on camera as mine films inside as well. His attitude changed significantly. Reported him to the station. Guess what. NADDA HAPPEND.