Author Topic: Static and mobile van locations.  (Read 6808 times)

Stevie W

• Elite Member
  • He who dies with the most toys wins.
Re: Static and mobile van locations.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »
The so called flashproof number plates may appear to obscure the marks when viewed in a photograph but beware I have seen the equipment the police use and it can do some wizardry which reveals the numbers.
Adventure Bikes are like Garlic Bread "I've tasted it,  It's the future".

Tonto

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »
Well I guess we just have to be vigilant when riding which is what we do any way. But police do like to entice you to miss behave.
I was on the A470 a few moths ago, it was empty except for a T5 VW Camper which sat in the fast lane at 50mph and would not move over when I approached.
So I undertook it safely. Guess what? it was an unmarked Police Van. They pulled me over for undertaking but seriously I wanted to argue that they weren't obeying the highway code.
Thankfully I bent over took it like a good un and listened to the health and safety lecture of the incident they encouraged and only got a verbal warning :-)

Did exactly the same to me a few years ago. He was all bolshy telling me I was going to lose my liscence, car crushed etc. I pointed out he was on camera as mine films inside as well. His attitude changed significantly. Reported him to the station. Guess what. NADDA HAPPEND.

Nice one Andy :-)

Tonto

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »
The so called flashproof number plates may appear to obscure the marks when viewed in a photograph but beware I have seen the equipment the police use and it can do some wizardry which reveals the numbers.

Smear your plate with Sheep Sh*t and see how the technology deals with that ;-)

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
  • I love my chicken strips.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »

:rofl :rofl. Sorry officer. I live in the country.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:25:52 PM by Andyccu1 »

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Well I guess we just have to be vigilant when riding which is what we do any way. But police do like to entice you to miss behave.
I was on the A470 a few moths ago, it was empty except for a T5 VW Camper which sat in the fast lane at 50mph and would not move over when I approached.
So I undertook it safely. Guess what? it was an unmarked Police Van. They pulled me over for undertaking but seriously I wanted to argue that they weren't obeying the highway code.
Thankfully I bent over took it like a good un and listened to the health and safety lecture of the incident they encouraged and only got a verbal warning :-)

Did exactly the same to me a few years ago. He was all bolshy telling me I was going to lose my liscence, car crushed etc. I pointed out he was on camera as mine films inside as well. His attitude changed significantly. Reported him to the station. Guess what. NADDA HAPPEND.

I was going to say the same, if you get them on camera not obeying the highway code it's a good bargaining tool. You both sensibly agree to a discussion or you both report each other and so nobody wins.  :dunno

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 02:20:59 PM »

Didn't I mention that earlier in the thread ?? :rolleyes :dunno2

Besides......................................................having a dirty plate is an absolute offence (If they can trace you  :rofl)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:24:24 PM by wiztaff »

JonWal

• Category A
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 04:23:36 PM »
Hi Guys, Thought I'd mention it as a lot of people head past this way on bikes.

If you're heading to Llandovery avoiding the M4 from M&P's theres a 30mph road which runs past the old Valeo (Now Toyoda Gansei factory)

I've seen a camera van parked there a few times. This is a 30mph road even though it feels more like a 40.

CBT - 23.03.2015
Theory - 27.05.2015
DAS - PASSED!! 25.09.2015
Triumph Street Triple & YBR 125

GixxerTom

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »

If you're heading to Llandovery avoiding the M4 from M&P's theres a 30mph road which runs past the old Valeo (Now Toyoda Gansei factory)

I've seen a camera van parked there a few times. This is a 30mph road even though it feels more like a 40.

Toyoda Gosei ...
Ohio goseimas!! 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotbulb

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 08:08:15 PM »

Shouldn't that be heading to Llanelli ?

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 06:31:22 AM »
No, it's Heol Y Mynydd, goes from the lights by the Cockle Shell Toby, up to Penyrheol Comp more or less.
But I thought they were only allowed to set up on roads clearly marked with speed camera warning signs.
There are none on that road.
Perhaps someone could enlighten us.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

JonWal

• Category A
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 10:15:36 AM »
There is no sign to say that there are cameras set up that road, and yes I'm pretty sure they do need to have one of these present. So pretty easy to contest?

It is Heol Y Mynydd, a lot of bikers go this way heading to Llandovery avoiding the M4.

Just be wary of the camera here as it does not feel 30mph, you feel like you're crawling along. Although I know they cannot catch you from the front, I'm not so sure if they can get shots of the rear plate to confirm?
CBT - 23.03.2015
Theory - 27.05.2015
DAS - PASSED!! 25.09.2015
Triumph Street Triple & YBR 125

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 02:04:47 PM »
Was there again today.
1000 til 1100.

"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

RV

• Elite Member
    • Casa Emilia
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »
No, it's Heol Y Mynydd, goes from the lights by the Cockle Shell Toby, up to Penyrheol Comp more or less.
But I thought they were only allowed to set up on roads clearly marked with speed camera warning signs.
There are none on that road.
Perhaps someone could enlighten us.

Policy, not compulsory.
They're not mentioned in any legislation, the only thing that really matters is the legal speed limit and whether that is accurately signed.

The vans can set up shop wherever the Welsh Assembly wants them to (note, not the Police).
It is better to ride too slowly and wish that you were going quicker than to be too quick and wish that you were going slower.