Author Topic: Tkstar tracker.  (Read 1865 times)

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
  • I love my chicken strips.
Tkstar tracker.
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »
Been looking a while at getting a small tracking device for the bike. Subscription services cost a FORTUNE.
Whilst in Europe last year I remember Snaffle having a little black box which he changed batteries on a daily basis. I am assuming it was his tracker. I never asked him.
Decided to look around for the best tracker for my money.
Looking to spend around 30 ish.

Came across this on a website showing good reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Tracking-Motorcycle-Motorbike-downloadable/dp/B00J7RL12S

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331808670883&globalID=EBAY-GB

I used to have one you texted and it texted back a Gps location. This one does that and MUCH MUCH MORE.

Got myself an O2 PAYG SIM card. Put 10 on it.
Put it into the tracker and charged the battery.
That's all that was needed. Phone the SIM card and hang up, and you get to location, along with the direction of travel and speed travelling, along with battery %.

This alone was all I needed really, but it does a whole lot more.
Setting up features is as easy as texting the tracker, it works it's magic and texts back that the feature is enabled.
You can set it up so that if the tracker leaves the ring fence you've setup, you will get a text message every 5minutes until you deactivate it.
It will also text you if it moves with vibration. A lot like a silent alarm.
One thing I like is the battery. once fully charged will run for around 100hrs. Haven't fully tested, but three days or more, should be fine before charging. It takes 3-5hours to fully charge.
You can set it up to listen to what's going on around it, so if the bike goes missing, in theory you should be able to listen to the person who took it, after finding its location.

All in all I'm incredibly impressed with it. It is tiny too. Easily concealed in the toolbox under the seat.

I didn't buy it from Amazon, there are other places you can get them cheaper.

They also have an app for android and iPhone. Instead of texting it yourself, you can use the app to change features. Not fully used it yet, but it seem to work well

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:58:40 PM by Andyccu1 »

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
Re: Tkstar tracker.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:54:36 PM »
Another gadget...?

You're going to bankrupt Harold Blueracer at this rate.   :rofl :rofl
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

aberthaw01

• Elite Member
  • Taken from us far too soon
    • Gintys Tattooland Uk
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:58 PM »
 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

GINTYS TATTOOLAND UK

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:16:59 PM »
Here we go again    :taz     :mrangry   
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 08:21:26 PM »
It's now hard wired onto the bike. The battery certainly lasted 7 days round Scotland. But I no longer have to keep taking it out and charging it, and the wife can now check where I am if I'm late for dinner.  :mrangry :rofl

No8

• Elite Member
  • Im-mature student.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 06:16:53 AM »
I know a guy who hard wired an old iPhone into his bike. Find my iPhone takes him to within 10 meters of the bike.
It's better to light a few candles than complain about the dark.

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »
I know a guy who hard wired an old iPhone into his bike. Find my iPhone takes him to within 10 meters of the bike.
But to use that you need an internet signal. Much more phone coverage across the uk.