Author Topic: Are you interested ??  (Read 816 times)

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
Re: Are you interested ??
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 05:53:46 AM »
Given up trying to offend you m8.
You got skin like a f'in walrus.

And a face to match!
Boom boom!
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 06:22:23 AM »
Given up trying to offend you m8.
You got skin like a f'in walrus.

And a face to match!
Boom boom!

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Twat. :taunt
Offended you are......A shit I don't give.

A Veteran -
Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to "QUEEN AND COUNTRY" for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honour, and there are too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
What is the issue here?

Is it the costs of the forum..............................if so there is a simple remedy, a small annual subscription would take care of that OR:-

Is it the time needed to monitor and maintain the forum which for NH may be the crux of it. It is very time consuming which would not be so bad if a forum is well used.

The main issue with forums is that they often descend into arguments caused by unfettered strong opposing opinions, and it often ends with personal abuse due to the lack of expressive sophistication that is typical of a forum. Unfortunately, this requires moderation and THAT is the most time consuming, frustrating and difficult part of a forum to manage. Forum owners are in the difficult position of being accused of bias, often when they are attempting to mediate between strongly opinionated forum users. I can fully understand where NH is coming from and the frustration he obviously feels.

I don't have an answer, it would be a real shame to see this forum go, despite what some might believe it is one of the better ones.

I can also understand the fact that as instigator of this forum NH might feel aggrieved if the forum was "taken over" and changed direction.

FB is not the WHOLE answer, yes a FB group would be ideal for those wishing to arrange meets etc, but it is certainly not as comprehensive as a dedicated forum can be.

Perhaps we can persuade NH to continue for the rest of this summer, and then review the situation with a promise from the rest of us to look to get involved in the maintainance of the forum.

Just to repeat myself, it would be a shame to see it go.

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »
It's the lack of interest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drop a gear snd disappear

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 10:16:22 AM »
Yes well, to be fair, biking forums in the UK do drop off in the winter months, due to all the "fairweather" bikers packing their leathers away. There are obviously not the volume of "interesting" items to post on the forum as not a great deal is happening. I bike all year round and will only go to 4 wheels when the salt is on the road, but I wonder how many on these biker forums do that?

I hope NH will let the forum continue until the end of the summer, it looks like it is shaping up to be a good one, and then take stock and make a final decision.

It over to all of us!

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42:13 PM »
I'm going to take a shit on his doorstep.  :taz

A Veteran -
Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to "QUEEN AND COUNTRY" for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honour, and there are too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 04:47:41 PM »
Not helpful BUMdoctor  :rolleyes

Sheepracer

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
Says it all really 67 views 2 replies .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep- see my Post on Vivs helmet 144 Biwes 4 replies. Keyboard warrior ✊🏻💦 ‘s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2018, 09:03:22 AM »
I've not been on here half as much as I used to be, because I've been a bit busy sorting out other things. I was one off the forums most prolific posters at one stage.

Now that we have decent weather again, maybe, just maybe things will pick up again.

A Veteran -

Zed

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2018, 09:06:02 PM »
Tony put lot of work, time and passion creating and keep alive this forum. Shame if we can't carry on. I don't think, money will problem. We have enough good members which can help. I'm on few different forums. Not only for bikers and no one is same busy like few years ago. But in my opinion Facebook is not ready to replace forums. So, if we can find someone, who can organize hosting for Dragonbikers is well worth keep alive our community.  :hug
Sorry for my English.