Author Topic: New guy from Barry  (Read 712 times)

Brinky

New guy from Barry
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
Hi guys! I was very surprised to see there's quite a few of you very local to me in Barry and Penarth (lived in Penarth until just under 2 years ago when I moved to Barry) I don't have my bike license at the moment as I'm making the transition from the dark side as I have always been into my cars :rofl but the old man has always been into bikes, and as he had a stroke a few years back he is no longer able to ride, so my brother took possession of his 650 Dragstar, I took possession of his 1100 Virago trike (he bought this after his stroke but before DVLA took his license away) and we both share his BSA Bantam, so once I have these up and running I'm hoping to go through my bike tests and get them out on the road where they belong!

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
Re: New guy from Barry
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 06:06:10 AM »
Welcome to the madhouse m8.
Good luck with getting licenced.
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

carling51

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »
Welcome Brinky  :thumbup2

When you get a chance put some pics up

Brinky

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys! Let's see if I still remember how to do this...
Here is the BSA

And here is the trike

My brothers Dragstar has had a complete overhaul and is currently waiting for the electrics to be finished and she is ready for the open road. The BSA has been stood for 20+ years so she is due a service. And the trike has been stood for around 2-3 yearsish, she runs but is very rough, so she is going to get a good clean out and then hopefully she will be good as new :)  :clap

In the meantime I will enjoy checking out all your rides and maybe see some of you locals riding around when I'm in my car

carling51

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
Seriously nice bikes  :thumbup2

Zed

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 07:07:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :bimble

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 08:18:49 PM »
Welcome .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drop a gear snd disappear

Pop5259

• I only
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 03:43:52 PM »
 Welcome what part of Barry Im in Brookfield Avenue. Good luck with getting licence.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do.😎

Brinky

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 06:49:48 PM »
Cheers guys! I live in Highlight Park mate

HollowPoint

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new to bikes myself, having always been into my cars before, I did my CBT last June and passed my test back in September last year.
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
  :greet   Hi Welcome to the forum. From Chepstow
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

Frankenbap

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »
Hello an welcome. That bsa is a sweet ride 👍

Brinky

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »
Thank you all! Yeah I can't wait to get them all running... the trike needs a few things and hopefully she will be done, I got the carbs off and they were pretty clean to be fair, the boots were pretty cracked and had seen better days though so they will be replaced and it also needs a new choke plunger and hopefully it will run a bit better then, it also needs a new reverse lever and a foot gear changer (or I may just have a look at the electronic gear switcher and see if I can get that working properly and then keep that)
On the BSA I have fitted new ignition + headlight switches and new brake + clutch levers, so the front end looks a lot better, I've had the tank off and cleaned that out (surprisingly wasn't bad) and I have cleaned out the carb. Also fitted a new battery so it has power :) just need to sort out the electrics on it as there's a few issues, fit an in-line fuel filter and things like new tyres etc.. Then just sweeten up her appearance a little and she should also be good to go :)