Author Topic: Thunder road Cwmbran.  (Read 2021 times)

Chew72

Re: Thunder road Cwmbran.
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 11:28:00 PM »
Fu*ks sake. We are taking about main dealers here with credentials and certifications. Trading standards need a look at these as they could easily kill someone.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:30:56 PM by Chew72 »

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »
That is why I would never go to one of them. The problem is that proving these things is notoriously difficult, particularly if like me, you only have a basic knowledge of the complexities of modern bikes and all their complicated electronics.

Main dealers are just for purchasing for brand new bikes and having them maintained for warranty purposes. For anything else, lesser independent workshops are always going to be best.

Good luck to anyone attempting to take the main dealers to task, but they will need deep pockets, trading standards can only go so far.

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
Yeah. Wouldn't it be a shame if their shop mysteriously burned to the ground though.

The thieving b'stards

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »
I've got the bike after being flogged this PCP thingy. Its over a three year period, however  ive looked into it and as long as you've made the payments past the halfway point of the contract,  you can hand the bike back with no penalty.

In January,  MotoNovo will be getting the bike back. Way under the mileage as well.
I won't deal with them anymore as they are Thunder Roads preferred company for this sort of thing.

HollowPoint

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2018, 08:49:40 PM »
I've got the bike after being flogged this PCP thingy. Its over a three year period, however  ive looked into it and as long as you've made the payments past the halfway point of the contract,  you can hand the bike back with no penalty.

In January,  MotoNovo will be getting the bike back. Way under the mileage as well.
I won't deal with them anymore as they are Thunder Roads preferred company for this sort of thing.

I did this with a Mercedes Estate I bought on PCP, got half way through and decided £750 for Mercedes to change the oil and filter, then check 300 things off a checklist on a clipboard, was a bit of a piss take and gave them the car back without doing the service.
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »
Exactly what I'm going to do.
As soon as i hit the halfway point on the payments I'm contacting MotoNovo and telling them they can come and collect the bike.
Done my research and it doesn't affect crrdit rating and they can't blacklist you as you've done nothing illegal.

Oh, I'm going to leave a review on Google about what TR have done as well. :taz

HollowPoint

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »
Exactly what I'm going to do.
As soon as i hit the halfway point on the payments I'm contacting MotoNovo and telling them they can come and collect the bike.
Done my research and it doesn't affect crrdit rating and they can't blacklist you as you've done nothing illegal.

Oh, I'm going to leave a review on Google about what TR have done as well. :taz

Don't blame you, just remember it's the halfway point in pounds, not years. You have to have paid off 50% of the total agreement in order to give it back. When I did it with my Merc, they even gave me a 30 day leeway on the service, so even though the service was overdue by 28 days when they'd gone through their ridiculous paperwork process (I told them when the service was due in 5 days time and ended up paying another two months of payments before they collected it) and picked it up, I didn't have to pay for it.

Frankenbap

• Elite Member
Thunder road Cwmbran.
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2018, 10:50:43 AM »
Yep I sorted it I had to heat the death out of the rear suspension to get it apart. My mate spoke to them an they said the mot tester must have had a off day

I took my bandit to Gt to have them do a compression test as my tester was broke. They did a comp test an Checked the valve clearances that I had already done they said they were spot on an charged me for it an I did not ask them to do them. I stripped the engine to sort out the comp issues an found they had stripped all the threads in my rocker box I had to do 12 helicoils to fix it
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:12:09 AM by Frankenbap »

Frankenbap

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

HollowPoint

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2018, 10:56:55 AM »
Yikes, that disc has seen better days!

Frankenbap

• Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »
I noticed the cracks from 15’ away

HAROLD BLUERACER

• Elite Member
  • TARMAC THE BEST TATTOO REMOVER
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2018, 01:16:33 AM »
It's time for them to shut shop
Flat Out Is The Way To Go

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 03:39:01 AM »
Yep I sorted it I had to heat the death out of the rear suspension to get it apart. My mate spoke to them an they said the mot tester must have had a off day

I took my bandit to Gt to have them do a compression test as my tester was broke. They did a comp test an Checked the valve clearances that I had already done they said they were spot on an charged me for it an I did not ask them to do them. I stripped the engine to sort out the comp issues an found they had stripped all the threads in my rocker box I had to do 12 helicoils to fix it

which gt is  that bud

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2018, 06:11:40 PM »
Thunder road Cwmbran servicing department

Google review.
33 minutes ago

I took my honda varadero into Thunder road in cwmbran in mid July for a service. Not a problem you might think. Thunder road Cwmbran servicing department found £1338 worth of supposed faults with the bike.

Now, I found this rather odd seeing as it had passed its MOT 3 weeks previously without even a single advisory notice on it. They claimed that the brake pads and discs front and rear needed replacing..uh oh..BRAND NEW BRAKE PADS were on the bike and they had done under 100 miles. They also claimed that the rear bearings were knackered and were unsafe. If they were that unsafe, why did they allow me to ride the bike from the shop? Surely they have a duty of care towards their customers and other road users.

Anyway, I took the bike to an independent bike shop in Newport, lo and behold , after a very thorough inspection, there's actually nothing wrong with my bike at all. Thunder road Cwmbran servicing department have essentially attempted to defraud £1330 out of me by making stuff up and claiming its safety issues.
Needless to say the matter is now in the hands of Trading standards.

I will not even set foot in Thunder road Cwmbran now. The bike was bought with one of these PCP deals. I'll be contacting the finance company as soon as the halfway point on the payments is reached, I'll be telling them what has occurred and I'll be handing the bike back.
I've still got 2 more pre paid services to go. On that note, why did they insist that the 32,000 mile service be done at 29,600 miles. They aren't even following Honda's own servicing schedules?

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »
Well that's fair enough.
Hope they reap what they sow.
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"