Author Topic: Thunder road Cwmbran.  (Read 2026 times)

Frankenbap

• Elite Member
Re: Thunder road Cwmbran.
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »
Yep I sorted it I had to heat the death out of the rear suspension to get it apart. My mate spoke to them an they said the mot tester must have had a off day

I took my bandit to Gt to have them do a compression test as my tester was broke. They did a comp test an Checked the valve clearances that I had already done they said they were spot on an charged me for it an I did not ask them to do them. I stripped the engine to sort out the comp issues an found they had stripped all the threads in my rocker box I had to do 12 helicoils to fix it

which gt is  that bud
Gt superbikes in Pontyclun

Charlesy

• Elite Member
  • Cookie is my Monster :-)
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:44 PM »
Thunder Road sales department again.
Checking the paperwork through on my mates new bike purchase and managed to put them down for a 4 year gap insurance on a 3 year finance deal!

Called to highlight the issue and was told itís not really a problem and donít worry about it. Well yeah in the 14 day cooling off period and paying for a years worth of cover thatís unless I would say itís a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »
Charlsey.
Get your mate to contact trading standards, there's 4 other complaints gone in apart from mine that I know of.

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »
CMC stuck GAP insurance on the bike I regret buying from them, when I pointed it out, before I signed anything, they said it was a mistake, they also lied about the £120 deposit I paid that was actually a delivery charge... TR arenít the only robbing bastards

HollowPoint

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »
CMC stuck GAP insurance on the bike I regret buying from them, when I pointed it out, before I signed anything, they said it was a mistake, they also lied about the £120 deposit I paid that was actually a delivery charge... TR arenít the only robbing bastards

General rule of thumb, anyone with 'agent' at the end of their job title, or 'dealer', is a thieving tosspot!
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »
Well, Thunder road  have made no reply and no contact.
Either they just don't give a feck about their customers or they're sticking their heads in the sand.

Perhaps they aren't aware of this forum?

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
They are as they give us discount on clothing in Bridgend.  :)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »
Perhaps someone there had better start paying attention to the forum then.

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2018, 02:10:11 AM »
Yep I sorted it I had to heat the death out of the rear suspension to get it apart. My mate spoke to them an they said the mot tester must have had a off day

I took my bandit to Gt to have them do a compression test as my tester was broke. They did a comp test an Checked the valve clearances that I had already done they said they were spot on an charged me for it an I did not ask them to do them. I stripped the engine to sort out the comp issues an found they had stripped all the threads in my rocker box I had to do 12 helicoils to fix it

which gt is  that bud
Gt superbikes in Pontyclun

ah ok

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2018, 02:16:00 AM »
my bets are that they  been told to have no comment  for  the foreseeable future