Author Topic: Thunder road Cwmbran.  (Read 555 times)

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
Thunder road Cwmbran.
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:04:56 PM »
The varadero went in on monday for a service, bought a service plan.
Had a phone call from Thunder road stating that there were all sorts of problems with the bike....discs, pads, rear bearing , forks etc. Oh, and no oil in the sight glass.

HOWEVER...........
5 WEEKS AGO it passed its mot with not even an advisory on it,pads front and rear had been changed , as had the fork seals prior to the mot being done. Oil had been topped up by myself 10 days ago and tge bike hasnt been ridden since.
Thunder road wan £1330.68p to "Rectify" the problems.

I've taken the bike to an independent place in Newport this morning  for him to cast an eye over it. Funnily enough theres actually NOTHING WRONG with the bike.
The form from Thunder road states that the rear bearings are " Dangerous", if that's the case,  why was I allowed to ride it from there :dunno2
They were checked, they're fine, sod all wrong with them.

Thunder road have attempted to rip me off to the tune of 1300 quid to carry out work that didn't need doing.

It's now in the hands of Trading standards and the X ray programme on the telly :thumb

Offended you are......A shit I don't give.

A Veteran -
Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to "QUEEN AND COUNTRY" for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honour, and there are too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
Re: Thunder road Cwmbran.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:52 PM »
nice one Gareth, sort them out the thieving effers

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
btw, take photos of the non existent “faults” in case TS want proof

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
The guy from the independent garage is fully prepared to provide a statement to TS about the NON FAULTS on the bike.
He used a micrometer to measure the discs.....well within its limits.
Robbing barstewards that Thunder road are.

I refuse to buy ANYTHING from them from now on.

A Veteran -
Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to "QUEEN AND COUNTRY" for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honour, and there are too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
not a great advert  yet again

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:51:28 AM »
I wonder how many riders have given the go ahead for such work to be carried out accepting the "expert" evaluation of these mechanics.
They must've made a mint in non essential repairs and safety issues over the years.
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:03:22 AM »
Trading standards can have the bike off me to get everything checked out by one of their assessors if needs be.
To say that I'm angry about Thunder Road trying to rip me off is an understatement.
It'll be good if this thread gets out to a wider audience maybe via FB. How many other bikers have veen ripped off by Thunder Road doing work that is not needed?

A Veteran -

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »
Update.
I've just had a call...if anyone has had ANY issues with Thunder road regarding work done to their bike, can they ring the following number.
0345 404 0506.

Its a CAB number but they collate any information for Trading Standards , the more people who contact them the better the evidence for trading standards. Doesnt matter what it is, the lady on the phone mentioned something about unfair trading / working practices to me.

Fill your boots, ultimately this could benefit all of us by stopping TR ripping us off.

A Veteran -

Kie

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 06:09:20 PM »
I already decided I won't use thunder road after the Bridgend store sold me my latest bike then a few weeks later the gear indicator packed up.

They had the bike for 3 weeks before they decided to send it to Riders to look at as they can't do BMW work. Riders had it 3 days and fixed it but then Thunder road couldn't collect until the next week. Had a courtesy bike from them but no updates at all. I had to call Riders to find it was done. Didn't even get an apology for the delay. :dunno2

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 08:38:36 PM »
Been hearing of a few more less than honest incidents concerning Thunder Road Cwmbran.

Bike being px'd....told front disc was warped and needed to be changed.
Blokes face was apparently a picture when he was told it had been serviced a week previously by Thunder road in bridgend :smackhead

A Veteran -

HollowPoint

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 09:02:22 PM »
I've not been overly happy with Thunder Road in Bridgend to be honest, nothing but problems with my bike since I got it and major delays with getting it fixed at times. Told them I thought the reg/rec was effed in October, the month after I bought it, they finally admitted and fixed it in May!
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 09:04:55 PM »
Ring the number and let them know about it mate. :thumbup2

A Veteran -

Pop5259

• I only
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 10:39:44 AM »
 I dont use Thunder Road much best thing there is the cafe and they don’t do bad deal on accessories as for bikes and servicing it’s a no go from me and they won’t do BMW bikes anyway.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do.😎

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 06:20:34 PM »
Had a missed call from Thunder Road Cwmbran at Ten past Five this evening..... :dunno

I wonder why?

A Veteran -

BOMBDOCTOR

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »
I have a service plan , pre paid with Thunder Road.
Following their behaviour recently , I am really not happy to have their workshops tinkering with the bike.

I'll bring it up with Trading standards and see if there is any way I can get my money back. I have no confidence and no faith that they will do a proper job and will they try to rip me off again.

A Veteran -