Author Topic: Thunder road Cwmbran.  (Read 1806 times)

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
Re: Thunder road Cwmbran.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »
Ronnie is the person to ask, he worked for Cardiff Trading Standards for 10 years 👍🏻

festa

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 11:49:50 PM »
hmmmm interesting

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
Oh dear, just had this txt off Thunder Road Cwmbran.

Thanks for letting us work on your bike. I hope you're happy with what we've
done. If you have any issues call me on 01633 486342 Tony Hayes Service
Manager

:smackhead :smackhead :smackhead :smackhead
Ummmmm.....words actually fail me.

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 05:48:48 AM »
Computer generated std txt.
No thought gone Into it.

Ironically, I had a nice lady call from Skoda yesterday asking if I was happy with the service and work carried out recently. Nice touch.
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

mr_diver

• 'onda VaraBeast, GSX1400, KL250g, CX500ec
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »
That txt came from Carol on the front desk in Brigend.
Unless you've posted something on google review or raised it with her (she is Customer Services) she wouldn't know anything about you being unhappy with the service in Cwmbran.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

[url=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/xl1000va_varadero/2010/mrdiver/3555

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
That txt came from Carol on the front desk in Brigend.
Unless you've posted something on google review or raised it with her (she is Customer Services) she wouldn't know anything about you being unhappy with the service in Cwmbran.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh..fair enough then, definitely not Carols fault.!
Thanks for clearing that up mate. :thumb

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 06:59:05 PM »
Aaaaaaand......it looks like they've gone and fecking dropped it as well.  :taz :taz

Dent in the tank and scratched clutch cover.
Cleaning it earlier and found the damage

Ladygardens!!!!!

Sheepracer

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 03:43:47 PM »
Good luck pinning that on them after you’ve taken it home They are like effing Teflon !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 06:14:45 AM »
Yes :banghead
Needless to say,  Thunder road won't be getting anymore business off me again. Not even the clothing department.

I'll spend my money elsewhere from now on. :taz

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 08:01:17 PM »
Does anyone have the email address of the boss of Thunder road. ?

gibbzy2k1

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 09:32:34 AM »
I've only ever bought helmets and gloves from them. The shop was alright, managed to get a discount on my second helmet after dropping mine.

Finding a good garage is hard work these days. Same with cars. I am lucky that I think I have cracked it now. I have a local garage that do all my cars, I been going there for 15 years and my dad and grand father been going for pushing 30, so I know I can trust them. Been to a few others and been ripped off a few times over the years, so now I don't go anywhere else.

As for the bike, as I have been only riding 3 years I had to find a trust worthy garage. Found a local one first, turned out to be quite expensive and tried say the bike needed work that it didn't. Recently found Paterson's performance in Barry. Finally have a trustworthy garage for the bike, so won't be going anywhere else now. They were brilliant, and very cheap considering the work they had to do.

Tbh I have never like bike garages, eg Kwik fit etc as they do generally try and rip you off. Same with dealerships. I've had no end of trouble with the dealership we bought the wife's car from. Mainly because Thier technician's are next to useless. Ended up fixing the car myself. They even had the cheek to tell my brother-in-law how to fix his himself, when he asked wouldn't that invalidate my warranty. They went quite and eventually said yes it would. 😯

wiztaff

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 09:46:53 AM »
Not all "bike garages" are like that. I always go to Garn Motorcycles in Garndiffaith, Pontypool.

I have been going there for years, they are bikers themselves and are brilliant at what they do and will not charge the earth or rip people off. I have been using them for 10+ years and can highly recommend them.

gibbzy2k1

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 11:00:15 AM »
I'm not at all saying all bike garages are like that. But it doesn't always a few tries to find the right one to suit you. I like Patterson's for 2 reasons.
1 they are right by my work, so drop bike off in the morning and pick it up Inthe way home.
2 they are good for a cuppa and a chat too.

My blackbird was in there for best part of 3 weeks when the brakes failed. I know they put a good 10 plus hours in have to strip the whole brake system at least twice before I went the delinked route and they still only charged me 350 notes. I was expecting at least 5-600 because of the labour alone.

I think it helps if you can get to know the staff, get alone with them and that they are bikers themselves and not just mechanics.

Chew72

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 01:31:20 PM »
I should really start another thread about this but here goes.....
Had a couple of issues with the Ninja recently and one of them looked like a right fiddly job and the other was electrical so decided to take it to the Kwack experts.

There is a common issue with the gasket on the valve cover and over time it can start to leek a little oil down the left hand side of the engine. The other issue was that I could not get the neutral light to come on so I could not start the bike with the stand down. So I took it down and they did the gasket and they told me that the gear position switch was faulty but they couldn't get the part for a couple of months. I asked them if they were sure about it and they stated that they had measured it and were satisfied that part was faulty. So not wanting to wait two months I got a used one off ebay.

Here's where it gets really bad.....

Got the part and went about fitting it only to notice that they'd rounded off a couple of fasteners really bad on the side access panels - no biggy as I can get them off with a bit of effort. Once I got the panel off I'd noticed that they'd damaged the arlam LED light by yanking the side panel off and breaking the wires clean off the end of the LED and just put it back together without bothering to fix this. So I fitted the gear change indicator switch and put everything back together only to find that I still couldn't get a neutral light. So I did a quick search online and found the workshop manual and came across an interesting chapter of how to test the gear position switch. So I tested the new part on the bike with a meter and am getting the correct result so I re fitted the original part and same result.

F*ck all wrong with the switch. I eventually traced the fault back to a bullet connecter where the wire was broken inside the plastic on the harness side of the connector not the switch. Proving they blatantly lied to me about the diagnosis of the fault, not to mention damaging my bike. So I rectified everything and really can’t be bothered to take this up with them as I believe their attitude is going to be as bad as their quality of work.

So f*ck you very much GT Superbikes you are shockingly sh*t.

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 11:18:51 PM »
So f*ck you very much GT Superbikes you are shockingly sh*t.
oh you have no idea Rhodri, that’s mild compared to what they passed for an MoT on my neighbours bike, it was dangerous to ride...
seized rear suspension, cracked rear disc and leaking forks are the 3 major faults I remember. Fatbap had to sort it all