Author Topic: Hanging my boots up  (Read 485 times)

BOMBDOCTOR

Hanging my boots up
« on: July 22, 2018, 03:37:03 PM »
In light of whats happened with Thunder Road, I shall be giving up all things two wheeled.

I'll be using the bike purely for commuting, then once it goes back to Thunder road thats it. Endex.
Going to buy myself a van and get away camping & fishing on weekends.
I've just become really disillusioned with the whole biking thing andcreally can't be arsed anymore.

carling51

Re: Hanging my boots up
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
That's a shame , can't you just put the bike to side covered in case you want to go out on a nice days ride , I'm the same about the van and fishing

Pop5259

• I only
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 08:09:19 AM »
I agree that is a shame understand how your feeling about Thunderoad, but donít let them rob you of your enjoyment when your out on the bike in great weather winding around some nice roads with some good friends, stoping st some nice places for that Bacon Roll and a tea or coffee. It would be our loss.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do.😎

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
Don't think I've clocked up more than 500 miles this year. Lost all enthusiasm. Hangin on to the bike desperately hoping I get my mojo back.
But just atm, I'm thoroughly enjoying putting my walking boots on as opposed to my biking boots.
And who could argue when I've got these beauts for company.
This was yesterday morning, out of earshot of the dozens of motocycles roaring up and down the motorway.
And all I could think was, "I'm loving this".
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

rockcatch

• Walking in Snowdonia
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
I stole my friendís dog on Saturday. Makes for a good companion taking an afternoon walk in the mountains.

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
  • I love my chicken strips.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
Gareth. I feel the same at the moment. Not ridden for further months. Mojo disappeared. Hoping by next year it will have returned. Got my ER6 sitting idle at the moment.

Frankenbap

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »
I have hardly used my bike for nearly 2 years but I wonít sell it as I know 1 day I will want to ride it. I have been mountain biking an now getting back in to enduro/trail bike riding more. I work so much an just want to find my self am be me again. An hitting the dirt is puttin a big smile on my face.

I do hope that 1 day mate u will find the passion for biking again

Charlesy

• Elite Member
  • Cookie is my Monster :-)
Hanging my boots up
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »
So many people the same, seems strange to read here. I was talking to Nutty the other day and he has been out in the Caterham much more than the bikes.

I bought my van for more family time, keep my husband happy (try to) and wait out the time till my points expire but I love it now. Itís all about finding what puts that smile on your face again.

2 years later and all recent events I now donít miss it and gone from countdown and saving hard to the feeling of no rush one day maybe again ... but I canít see it being anytime soon.

One of my friends has a Raptor 700 quad and been out on that a few times, bit of roads and mostly tracks but a great laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HollowPoint

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 01:41:35 PM »
I haven't been biking long, but I can't even imagine wanting to give it up. Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed recently and it means I'm going to be away during the week, working in Essex and only home at weekends. The last thing I want to do, after being away from the wife and kids all week, is go out on the bike for hours on the weekend, but I'm going to find a way. I took the bike out over the Beacons on Sunday, just for 3 hours and I loved every minute of it, it made my Sunday! I'm even contemplating riding the bike over to Essex on some weeks and finding new roads over there........6 hour ride on a Speed Triple is somewhat adventurous, but I did London and back in a day a few weeks ago for an interview and although I ached the next day, it was fine. I think it's all about finding things to do on the bike that make you smile, if that's going camping with a loaded up Explorer, do that, or in my case, winding my way through the beacons on a Sunday afternoon, not really even hooning it either. This thread does sort of explain the lack of enthusiasm in this forum though, if everyone is on a downer about their bikes and their riding, then they're not going to be up for meets, or rideouts, or shows.
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

Andyccu1

• Elite Member
  • I love my chicken strips.
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »
So many people the same, seems strange to read here. I was talking to Nutty the other day and he has been out in the Caterham much more than the bikes.

I bought my van for more family time, keep my husband happy (try to) and wait out the time till my points expire but I love it now. Itís all about finding what puts that smile on your face again.

2 years later and all recent events I now donít miss it and gone from countdown and saving hard to the feeling of no rush one day maybe again ... but I canít see it being anytime soon.

One of my friends has a Raptor 700 quad and been out on that a few times, bit of roads and mostly tracks but a great laugh.

I wanted to buy a van and convert it when I got the money for my bike. Jayne said no. ☹️

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »
think Iím very lucky, other than being married to a Geordie lass, road bike, off-road bike and campervan, my weekends are sorted for any weather 😁

although Iíll be bikeless for 3 weeks next month 😱

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »
I wanted to buy a van and convert it when I got the money for my bike. Jayne said no. ☹️

donít listen to Jayne, sheíll love it and you for not listening
ours has taken us all over, from days at the beech to weekends away to holidays, plus thereís all the camper festivals, you wonít regret it Andy 👍🏻😁

HollowPoint

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 05:45:58 PM »

although Iíll be bikeless for 3 weeks next month 😱

How come?
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
Hanging my boots up
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »
How come?
off camping (glamping) in the van 😁

Charlesy

• Elite Member
  • Cookie is my Monster :-)
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
I agree with Lez on that one Andy, Jayne will thank you for it in the end!

Love our camping weekends and festivals