Author Topic: Going forward  (Read 1635 times)

gibbzy2k1

Re: Going forward
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 10:09:56 PM »
How much time is needed for day to day running of the site? Out of curiosity?

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »
As long as thereís no Agro going on then it just needs checking up on occasionally. Check and approve/reject new people joining, keep the peace etc. Oh, and learn the back end admin functions.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 01:26:03 PM »
I really don't want to know the intricacies of your back end thanks very much Tony.

Benson-1215

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 03:24:16 PM »
I am for option 5  :rofl

Come on Tony you missed it haven't you get back on board and lets get the forum back up and running.
If you need cash we can raise it if need help then make more members moderators.
If people piss you or other members  off ban them. :finger

Benson-1215

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
I really don't want to know the intricacies of your back end thanks very much Tony.

:kissmyass

HollowPoint

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »

Come on Tony you missed it haven't you get back on board and lets get the forum back up and running.
If you need cash we can raise it if need help then make more members moderators.
If people piss you or other members  off ban them. :finger

Probably the best option of all really, a few moderators and a few people organising rideouts/meets and it'll thrive I reckon. Plenty of people still post here, just needs the content to be created, even if that content is rideout/meet related, rather than banter and rubbish you get on Facebook.
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 11:12:17 PM »
Ok, if the money is raised Iíll keep it going but as for bringing it back to life and organising meets/rides/events thatís up to others as I done my time with that.

Over to you.  :thumbup2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

gibbzy2k1

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
So whats the plan for raising the money?

Membership or donations?

carling51

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 06:23:30 PM »
Sorry how much would be needed again ? How much would that be split between the active members ?

HollowPoint

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »
Sorry how much would be needed again ? How much would that be split between the active members ?

From Tonys post:

"£258 for 2 years"

I imagine the best way to cover it would be to ask for donations from those interested, if 10 people give £25, that near enough covers it bar £8. If 20 people give £12.50.....etc.
If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

Zed

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 09:03:20 PM »
Tony, can you stick somewhere information how put donation for keep forum running, and update how much is paid or how much left to pay?

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »
just move to facebook, itís free
if you donít like the bullshit and narcissism then do it under a pseudonym and donít accept friend requests, just join the biker groups... or not
simple

Cheesy Wotsits

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
Taptalk now has the ability to set up groups, very similar to FarceBook.

Now I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here, and I haven't had a chance to look I to it in any great depth, but I've setup a group called " New Dragon Bikers" just to see if it works.

Seems very simple to set up, but not looked into if "topics" can be used, or whether it's a free for all on one page.

Whem I get a chance I'll look I to it further, but for now, have a look at it and let me know what you think, or how useful it'd be as a way of going forward.

If it's any good, I'll delete the group and let Tony, or anyone else for that matter, set up a similar group, so they can be admin.

Oh, and as a BTW,  it's free.
"The lunatics are taking over the asylum"

hotbulb

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 10:28:40 PM »
A couple of observations....

Facebook:  OK for posting pics etc, but quite useless if you want to refer back to something. FB seems to re-order, or hide stuff, on a whim, no rhyme nor reason.

Tapatalk: Fine as a means of easily accessing fora on a smartphone, but how does a Tapatalk Group work with a PC or laptop? (I hate typing anything more than a few words on a phone!) 

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 11:48:46 PM »
Long time since I've last posted anything constructive or of interest on here . Had afew personal problems to deal with and to be frank motorcycling wasn't on my agenda.  But I just want to say that it would be a big shame if this forum was to collapse.  It has lost its way for afew years now but there are new people always joining . I look forward to being alot more involved  .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drop a gear snd disappear