Author Topic: Going forward  (Read 1652 times)

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
Re: Going forward
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »
Ok here's an idea I'll just throw out for comment and thoughts.

The forum as it stands with free membership is going down from lack of interest so how about considering a member sponsorship scheme ?

For members to want to get properly involved they need to have more of an element of belonging, or ownership of the forum.

Maybe we could have two levels of membership. In addition to the existing free membership we could have a voluntary Member Sponsor level involving a small monthly or annual payment. Member sponsors would get something back that free members don't get.

For example if 50 sponsor members paid £10 a year that's £500. After paying for the forum that would leave a considerable amount of money left over each year which could be put towards organising something solely for the sponsor members. It could go towards a free (depending on the number of sponsor members) trip to the NEC Bike show, a race meeting, or whatever people suggest. Free members could join the event if they wanted to but would have to pay full price. Maybe sponsor members names could go into a free raffle to win stuff. There are lots of possibilities really and I'm sure others would have more suggestions.

If people became sponsors and paid something toward the forum then perhaps they would get more involved and it would be more active. I suppose it would be a bit more of a club than just a forum.

Like I said just a thought so thoughts and suggestions welcome. 

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

BOMBDOCTOR

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 06:21:29 AM »
Not a bad idea NH.
alternatively, any money that's left over gets donated to a charity for example the kids hospice.

Raises the profile of DB in the media, makes us bikers look all pink and fluffy and helps out those who are worse off than ourselves.

(Or we pay for Andyccu1 to have beauty treatments,  but that will take a shitload of dosh tbh) :rofl

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 07:24:51 AM »
Donatioons to charity are always a good idea but if sponsor members pay towards the forum them they should get something back for themselves that free members don't. Raising money for charity could be one of the reasons for organising rideouts thereby increasing activity and get togethers.

The Ty Hafan Easter fancy dress rideout I organised was a first attempt for me and I expected the usual 7 or 8 bikes. I advertised it on some facebook groups and we finished up with around 60 bikes with more bikes and a scooter club joining us along the route. One rider even came over the bridge from England somewhere to take part. Everyone thought it was a good route and a great day out.

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »
Great idea . Nh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drop a gear snd disappear

carling51

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
Good post NH  :cool

I'm up for paying to keep this place going and I'll happily help with the admin side if needed  :thumbup2

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 07:31:38 PM »
Ok then to take the idea forward a bit more, a two year forum renewal costs about £258 so to put things into perspective...

The first 25 Sponsor Members at £10 annual fee each covers the forum cost for 2 years.  :thumbup2

Once over this number sponsor members money starts building the sponsors 'bank account'. In year two as the forum is already paid for all sponsors fees go straight into the bank account.

Sponsors choose how the bank account money is spent.

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »
10 quid end of the month govner.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drop a gear snd disappear

GixxerTom

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »
I’m number two ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 08:52:10 PM »
I'll start a new thread on this to see what kind of numbers are up for this idea.  :thumbup2