Author Topic: Member Sponsorship Idea  (Read 823 times)

gibbzy2k1

Re: Member Sponsorship Idea
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 10:33:08 PM »
It's a shame to see it going, the only forums doing well seem to be those with an international following with loads of members.

I do Facebook, it's great for keeping in touch and for groups but it falls over if you need to search for something you saw previously.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes it's a shame. I'm on Facebook, it's shit compared to forums for information. Can be a bit quicker for asking a question, but you tend to get the same questions beings asked over and over again

I'd be happy to pay up, as I have with a number of other forums I am on, both car and motorbike.

Grayo

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 08:39:18 AM »

I won't be setting up a facebook group as nobody ever uses the DB page I set up years ago.

Can't you just use the one that's already set up then ?
Surely it's just a case of members asking to be added.
Money can't buy happiness....................
But it buys beer which is the same thing.

Thedarksider

• Elite Member
  • Peaceful Hooligan
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 10:31:17 AM »

quote author=NH link=topic=7961.msg105292#msg105292 date=1537211920]
Can't you just use the one that's already set up then ?
Surely it's just a case of members asking to be added.

that’s not a Group it’s a Page, Group is better

HollowPoint

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 12:57:41 PM »
Having been through all this before in the car world, I feel a little sad to see this one die, but it does seem if people are not going to use it, it may be pointless to keep it afloat. I am on Facebook, in a lot of groups for both cars and bikes and yet, I wouldn't have met a couple of people from here if it weren't for this forum......I could quite easily put this forum on my existing hosting and bring the cost of it down to negligible amounts, but then I'd have to take over the technical maintenance side of things, then you get sucked into the political arguments and such as well, you end up taking the blame for things no matter what you do. This is the only reason I haven't volunteered this as an option. I'm still hosting one of the car clubs I used to run, that went pretty much the same way as this appears to be and no one ever uses it now! I put weeks of my personal time and skill into developing the software for it, so that it was far superior to its competitor, I even went to the extent of putting games and things on it, as well as writing a full on 'garage' type app for people to show off their vehicle and it still died.......The guy I handed the forum off to keeps paying me for the domain renewals, but I've ended up landed with the costs of hosting it, even though I no longer use it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If everything seems fine, you're not going fast enough

carling51

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 03:33:19 PM »
It will be a shame  :sad

Hollowpoint I can help run the admin and the front side of things if that helps you

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »
Fed up of writing I'll donate to keep it afloat . A Facebook group costs nothing to host .

Drop a gear snd disappear

NH

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Play nicely now people
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »
Fed up of writing I'll donate to keep it afloat . A Facebook group costs nothing to host .

Your offer is much appreciated.  :thumbup2  It's just that there simply aren't enough making the offer to make it viable unfortunately.  :dunno
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The NH Youtube Channel - w w w. youtube.com/user/naggedhusband1

Ronski

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 10:04:50 PM »
Yep I get it .

😥
Drop a gear snd disappear

Charlesy

• Elite Member
  • Cookie is my Monster :-)
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »
Facebook group searches have been improved a lot recently as well that you can type in the top bar just like you would google and it will show you keywords mentioned or if you want to search by a name or whatever so hopefully that helps. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk